Don’t miss Georgia’s gubernatorial candidates discussing county issues! Thursday, October 12 – 9:00 am. Five of the six candidates running for the office of governor have been confirmed while ACCG anticipates a confirmation from the sixth candidate very soon.
Secretary of State
Michael E. Williams
State Attorney General Chris Carr has been invited to serve as the keynote speaker for lunch on Thursday, October 12. Join your county officials for this keynote luncheon as Attorney General Carr shares information about issues impacting counties.
Rep. Jay Powell
Chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Jay Powell has served in the Georgia House since 2009. He currently serves as a co-chair of the Rural Development Council which was established in April 2017 to identify policies and ideas to enhance economic opportunity across the entire state, especially in rural areas.
Rep. Terry England
Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee and Co-Chair of the Agricultural Education Advisory Commission, Rep. England was first elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2004. He currently serves as co-chair of the Georgia Rural Development Council alongside Rep. Jay Powell
- Core: County Government Finance
- Core: Economic Development
- Core: Ethics
- Core: County Government 101
- Specialty: County Insurance and Risk Management (County Operations and Management)
- Specialty: Mental Health and the Justice System (Public Safety)
- Specialty: Regional Cooperation (Intergovernmental Relations)
- Specialty: The Voice of Leadership (Leadership Development)
Porto-Cohere, Marriott and Convention Center
Enjoy fellowship and hospitality as you learn about the events and activities that make this community a special part of Georgia!
ACCG President and Haralson County Chairman Allen Poole will open the conference. Augusta Mayor Hardie Davis will provide the official welcome on behalf of his community and ACCG Executive Director Ross King will honor Georgia Trend’s Counties of Distinction.
Attend this forum to hear Georgia’s candidates answer questions relating to significant county issues.
Hear directly from the ACCG policy staff as they provide an overview of the Legislative Agenda and Priorities for the 2018 legislative session.
Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr to serve as keynote speaker. Learn more about the role of the attorney general and opportunities for improved outcomes between the AG and county officials.
Report of the ACCG Policy Council and adoption of the 2017-2018 Legislative Agenda and Priorities.
The Georgia House of Representatives has appointed a Council that is meeting over a two year period to study the issues facing rural Georgia and how to return prosperity to these areas of the state. During this session, the co-chairs of the Rural Development Council, Rep. Jay Powell and Rep. Terry England, will discuss the goals of the Council and what they are doing to address topics such as rural broadband, rural healthcare, infrastructure, education and job reaction.
- Law Enforement Benefits
Georgia’s county administrators and managers meet to discuss pertinent issues.
Join your fellow commissioners to see Augusta-Richmond County for yourselves as trolleys transport you to the Historic District and Surrey Center for unique and interesting spots for dinner.
- Core: Public Safety and Public Health
- Core: Human Resources
- Core: County Government Law
- Specialty: County Retirement Programs: What They Mean to Your Employees and Your Budget (County Operations and Management)
- Specialty: Addressing Complex Community Issues (Quality of Life/Social Issues)
- Specialty: Building Sustainable Communities (Qualify of Life/Social Issues)
- Specialty: Navigating Change (Citizen Engagement)